Monday, October 30, 2017

Chronological Discussion of Betty

We're starting something new over on the Facebook page. I'll be posting our old TUJD reviews in the order The Great Betty published them and we'll be reading along and commenting on previously dead-ish comment threads. Readers who prefer to stay on the blog have the new feature (see right) of an updated comment log. I'd prefer not to repost the reviews fresh since they are easy to get at on the "Book Reviews" tab and I've found that it can complicate our search function. But the updated comments widget means that you can follow the comments wherever they are being made on our site.
If we are very careful,
we can all have fun and no one will get hurt.

(Giphy)
Let's get going, shall we? Here are the books up for discussion this month:

October 30: Sister Peters in Amsterdam

November 5: Amazon in an Apron, A Match for Sister Maggy, Nurse in Holland

November 12Blow Hot, Blow Cold aka Surgeon from Holland/Visiting
Surgeon/Visiting Consultant

November 19: Tempestuous April, Nurse Harriet Goes to Holland

November 26: Damsel in Green

10 comments:

  1. Keira, I think this is a great idea. I have read all the reviews and re-read them all the time. You guys did a great job......they are so witty and amusing. I never tire of BN and look forward to the new comments. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Betty Brenda! So much has changed in the, holy cow, seven and a half years since we started writing these and it will be fun to hear new thoughts from all the Betties and see if my own opinions have changed at all.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh -- then we can have a fresh new voting round for The Ultimate Betty after we're done with the reviews!! :D
    It'll be great to read-along with other Bettys.

    Jyotsna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty’s!

    I recently discovered this Blog, and am almost enjoying it more than reading the books (gasp!). I was a bit dismayed when I saw all the posts were from 2011, and am so grateful to have stumbled to this page, to see that you are continuing your good works! Thanks so much!

    Betty Ruth (if I may be so bold as to title myself so)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Betty Ruth! We're so happy to have the 'recent comments' widget up and running which means that whenever you want to comment, someone is bound to see it. We hope to see lots of you!

      Delete
  4. Hello Betty Keira. I wanted to know if the new comments are out there yet on the November BN books up for discussion. I have looked several places and have not seen anything. Just wanted to know where I need to look. I can't wait to see the new comments. Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Betties might be inclined to comment on the books over here but the discussion is happening more on the FB page. Would you like me to repost a few?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I would like to see the comments. Could you send me a link to the site on FB? For some reason I am having trouble getting to the site. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I thought the Betties would comment here also and that is what I was going to do. Thank you for responding. Hope your family had a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
    3. I don't know why the TUJD page should be difficult to get on to. We're called The Uncrushable Jersey Dress (Betty Neels) and there should be a button to be added and then, when I see the request, I add. I hope you can sort it out! We'd love to have you over. In the mean time, I'll do what I can for comments!

      Delete
    4. Ok, thank you, I will try again.

      Delete