Friday, October 6, 2017

Interview With Essie

I found this wonderful interview of Essie Summers discussing her work and writing methods. (How I wish we had an audio resource for Betty Neels!) I think the book she references beginning the day before became Autumn in April.
This cover drives me bananas because they
are both giving great face. But her dress (faithfully
recreated from Essie's description in the book) makes her look
like Mrs. Claus is stepping out with a handsome stranger.

Does any writer among the Betties want to share their writing practices?

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this interview. I wish there was one of Betty. I'd love to hear more about what her writing process was. I've seen tiny bits here and there about how she'd take notes while traveling with husband, that sort of thing. But I do wish there was an actual interview with her out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such fun to revisit these books I enjoyed so many years ago! I wish they had survived the passage of time! I had that same edition of Autumn in April, and laughed at the same thought -- Mrs. Claus! Fifties style doesn't translate well into admirable clothing for today! Thanks, Keira, for your work!

    ReplyDelete